Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Still Still Here

Despite the best of intentions, I am again late in writing up my run. I was out Sunday morning, and endured a cold start as I recall. No cramping like a couple of weeks ago, just a little bit of an ache which disappeared after thirty minutes or so.

Even though it was cold, there were a lot of people out running, and even quite a few walking too. Of course I was running against the usual west wind, and about half way through, I thought about my cold tummy from a couple of weeks before. But this time all was staying warm.

I think that whatever was slowing me down in December is completely past. This run felt so typical, with a slow warm up, and middling speed in the second quarter, to fast in the third quarter, to spent and all done in the last quarter.

I was tempted to follow the previous two long runs, in cutting through Sunnyside and taking the easier slopes of the groomed paths that were slashed across the face of the bluff last year. But I went back to the usual course, and stayed on the berm along Memorial, to The Stairs and The Path Under.

The top of the bluff by then was a little slippery, but I stayed on the path as usual, and had a slippery finish along unshovelled sidewalks.

Sunday's run:
Distance: 16.69 Time: 1:36:15
Average speed: 5:46 min/km. (10.40 kph)
Rest distance: 0.92 km. Rest time: 10:00.
Total distance: 17.60 km. Total time: 1:46:15.

Shoes: New Balance 769 (blue).
Today's earworm: endless L n K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good job!