Friday, May 28, 2010

Still Winter...?

It's not that bad, but there was still snow on the ground earlier this morning after yesterday's snowfall.

I redid the route that I ran on Wednesday, except this time I cut off the loop around the zoo. That seemed to extend the run without adding much too the hill work. Running from Nose Creek through the zoo parking lot is a pretty gentle slope, and not much of a climb.

Only a couple of pairs of geese were on the path this time, although they were pretty aggressive about protecting the little ones. It's the only time they hiss at me. It's also that time of year when they leave a mess all over the trail in some places, so that a run becomes a bit of a dance.

I did all right on the hills. They aren't all that long, but they're a little steep, which I'm hoping is enough preparation for the next weekend. I'm pretty sure I won't be running on anything nearly as steep.

I over dressed again too. It's a little cool, but not cold enough to sustain snow, which is what I dressed for.

Today's run:
Distance: 10.83 Time: 1:07:42
Average speed: 6.15 min/km. (9.60 kph)

Shoes: New Balance 769 (Yellow 2).
Weather: Fog and 4C.

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

Have a great race tomorrow Kelly! I sold my entry and will be working at the finish line! I will watch for you!

Andra

Miles of the Journey said...

Seems strange hearing of the snow. Here in Texas it is hot and humid and seemingly one could slap water out of the air. We have different settings but everyone seems to have their own obstacles to overcome.

Alexandra said...

I have been checking for your race report from Sunday! I have two pictures to pass along to you from the start.